Today we have opened the curtains to Kakoe, the latest project where we've been working the past months. It has been amazing to collaborate hand in hand with great people like JesÃºs Encinar and Juan Leal, while additional ideas and bug reports came from Daniel Calamonte. Our bet: To provide an easy to use platform for users that want to join and give omments about what they're watching at TV. Do you think we've reached the goal?
What can we do for you?
Research, consulting & development
We offer outsourced web and iPhone application development from design to implementation, plus optional maintenance. We can also rescue your existant application, helping to recode it.
Are you in a hurry? We develop a 1.0 version of your project in one month. With this accelerated development program you can test your business idea quickly.
Code & interface audit
We review and report about bottlenecks, optimization, improvements for scalability and code refactoring for existant applications, optionally implementing the solutions to your problem.
Web development, interaction design, usability, Ruby on Rails, behavior-driven development and agile management are our daily basis. We can train your team to develop these abilities or agilize your processes.
Latest articles, news, quotes & links
During our recent work on the current project we're building now using the sinatra web framework, we needed a simple and effective way to treat Facebook requests. We created a new Ruby gem for this purpose, rack-facebook, and this article describes its features and how to use it.
The past friday 24th october Rails 2.2 RC1 was published, and between all the new features one of them is the compatibility with Ruby 1.9. But unfortunately, if you try to create a new Rails application and launch the server (webrick, mongrel, thin...) with Ruby 1.9, you might find a couple of tiny problems. Learn how to fix them.
UPDATED: This isn't required anymore if you're using Rails Edge, because my humble patch as been commited to the core.
Events & courses
Open Source Projects
- mongo_odm Flexible persistence module for any Ruby class to MongoDB.
- rack-facebook Rack middleware that checks the signature of Facebook params, and converts them to Ruby objects when appropiate. Also, it converts the request method from the Facebook POST to the original HTTP method used by the client.
- geoplanet A Ruby wrapper for the Yahoo! GeoPlanet APIs. It’s inspired on Mattt Thompson’s yahoo-geoplanet gem, but this version supports better usage of matrix and query parameters, uses JSON for API communication to minimize bandwidth usage, supports both short & long versions of a place, and supports multiple languages.
- acts_as_inquirable A helper to wrap an ActiveRecord attribute with ActiveSupport::StringInquirer.
- dm-observers Plugin that provides observes for DataMapper resource classes.